Caravans and Motorhomes are as Australian as it gets. Most of us have a love of the great outdoors, it’s a great way to get closer to nature. While the sun and scenery can be fantastic, holidaying in this way can have some drawbacks too; mainly in the shape of flies, mosquitos and other creepy crawlies. We can minimise the chances of sharing our Caravan or Motorhome with less than desirable critters by following these simple steps:
- Avoid leaving any food exposed within or immediately outside your caravan.
- Ants have a particularly keen sense of smell and so will sniff out even the smallest spillage.
- Make sure that your bins have lids and empty them regularly.
- Some smells, including lavender and mint, have been shown to discourage insects. Try leaving some sprigs inside your caravan
- Check that vents and gas drop out holes in the caravan have been covered with mesh to prevent insects from entering. Please note that it is imperative that these holes are not covered with any other material, as they have been installed for safety reasons
- If you or the children like sugary drinks, but can’t manage one all in one go, buy can toppers which prevent wasps and ants crawling inside
- Before leaving the caravan or motorhome, make sure that all traces of food have been removed so they don’t act as breeding areas over the winter. Also, make sure that all windows and doors are locked and sealed properly
Repellents such as Aerogard and Rid are great products, but not all of us want to be using them inside. Installation of a Bug Mesh Screen from Bug Mesh Screens Oz will greatly reduce the chances of unwanted flies, mosquitos, and other creepy-crawlies from entering your Motorhome or Caravan.
Need fly screens for your caravan or motorhome? Think Bug Mesh Screens Oz!